Sunday, November 11, 2012

I like the nightlife baby..

I was once a party girl, hard to believe I know, but true. Staying out all night, drinking, dancing, going home with strange boys.. no drugs though (except for about 6 months when I was a teen) If there was even a hint of a party.. I was there with my mini on!

 Fast forward a few years, and I was married with baby.. the mommy/wifey thing. The marriage didn't work, but I was doing my part in the responsible adult dept. working, staying home, devoting my life to my daughter. Married a few more times.. I like the IDEA of marriage, just not the prison feeling of it.. and another little munchkin brought me to my 30s. I so desperately wanted the picket fence life. I chased it to every dark and dank corner, making mistakes at every turn in my manic quest for Suzy Homemaker-dom. After my most recent, and devastating, breakup I realized something..

I am still a party girl at heart. A slightly more adult party girl.. but that chick was in there.. screaming for release!  I live for going out, for dressing up, dancing, having a drinky poo or two (or seven if I can afford it) flirting with my "safe" boys. I am still doing the good mommy thing, my youngest daughter is clean and fed and homework done every night, we play and make cookies and snuggle on the couch watching cartoons. I simply crave a different life for just me.. not my kids.. but me.

I am breaking out of my safety zone, not so much an adult party woman.. My inner wild child is bursting through, and be damned how people see me. It is time for me to stop pretending and be who I am, a party girl who makes no excuses for being one. No more innocent eye-lash batting at men I can't have, if I bat those lashes you better know you will be taking off your pants for me. I am gonna drink, I am gonna dance, I am gonna go home with men whose names I never bother to find out. My morality, or lack of it, does not define me as a woman.. I define me and I am good with who I am. I am a free girl,  Let's go ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment