Sunday, November 4, 2012

40.. really?

Today, I am 40. Holy fuck.. I am actually 40. I don't now when that happened, yesterday I was 18.. wasn't I? Wow, that number looks so weird, sitting on the screen like that. 40, hmm.


What have I learned in 40 years? I have learned that when a guy says "trust me".. he has an agenda. I have
learned that childbirth hurts a thousand times worse than they say it will. I have learned that no, rubbing club soda on a stain will not remove it.. it will however make the stain more noticeable because it is now surrounded by a huge wet spot. I have learned that regardless of how hard you try, one person can not make a relationship work. I have learned that the heart is not near as fragile as you think, it heals very quickly when you let it. I have learned that boogers can be found anywhere, except in the noses of children. I have learned that fear and pain are temporary, happiness is just a blink away. I have learned that you can, and will, be better off if you follow your heart in all matters.. even if everything blows up in your face. I have learned that Fruity Pebbles do not taste as good coming out as they do going in. I have learned it always gets better. I have learned that families are not perfect, but they love you. I have learned that sometimes your best friends come into your life from the oddest places.

Above all, I have learned that this is the life we have.. we can live it, or we can hide from it.. either way, it will be over before we are ready.

Maybe 40 snuck up on me. I don't have any idea how to be a 40 yr. old woman, but I don't have a clue about how not to be a 40 yr. old woman either, so I guess I will be me and hope that works.

Happy Birthday me.. here's to the next 40!






No comments:

Post a Comment