Monday, March 19, 2012

Truth.. (original post date 5/23/11)


  I believe in TRUTH, no matter how much it sucks, although I won't tell someone the truth for the sole purpose of hurting them. I also believe in the Silver Lining, an eternal optimist to the nth degree. Sometimes these two ideals don't play well together, to that end Silver Lining wins every time. I have been accused of not believing in truth, of twisting it to fit my own agenda or to protect my perception of myself. To that I say bullshit! My biggest flaw may be to hide truth from one person in order to help another, or to keep someone else from being hurt. In those instances, it is the Silver Lining part of me that is in control. Yea, I guess maybe the hard truth usually comes in second now that I see some of this is print.

  My point in all this is that there will be blogs telling the blunt and bare faced truth, and blogs that tell the truth colored by my optimism, it is up to you to decide how you see your truths in my words. I'm not writing to change your mind, or to force my truths on you. I am writing to express and share those things that make me think, that make me believe, that are the very me-ness of me.

  Somewhere in this hot mess of a mind there is a desire to write, to make my mark with the words I have always adored, to enable someone else to find the same solace and joy the written word has brought to me. I have to clear out the selfish desire to have an army of people that hang on my every word, the tendency to rant and rave about the things I am most passionate about, and find my inner poet. That voice in my heart that allows me to put hand to keyboard and turn the passion and need into something beautiful.

  I may never progress past this blog, sharing my mind with the few that will find me in an ocean of other bloggers. Sad to think, but still a possibility I am faced with. However, it is my hope that even if you are the sole reader of my words, maybe there will be something in them to touch you, to make you think, to believe, to talk about at the dinner table.

No comments:

Post a Comment